Bangkok to Pattaya travel guide
- Best travel information including top attractions in Bangkok , Pattaya and other cities in Thailand.
- First, please check out the video, it shows you top attractions in Bangkok. We highly recommend to watch it before you come to Bangkok. It's very well made and we hope you enjoy it.
- After you read our travel guide, we hope you will want to come Thailand even more.
- Our travel guide should help you with your trip planning.
- We hope you enjoy your trip to Thailand !!!
We start our travel guide with the most popular beach destination "Pattaya"
The distance between Bangkok and Pattaya is 147 km although not very far but for the tourists arriving at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport, the choices are quite limited as there is no railway between Bangkok and Pattaya so we think it would be a good idea to give you the informations about how to get from Bangkok to Pattaya before we go any further.
How to travel from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya
=> Taxi service from Bangkok suvarnabhumi airport to pattaya
This is the most convenient and it is what we recommend. For the price that we offer of only around 2,700 THB it is not much more expensive than using a public transport, you can travel up to 8 people with luggages and there is no need to drag the luggages to public bus stop (which would ruin your holiday after a long flight) and our driver will send you safely to your hotel in Pattaya in just 1.30 hr
=> Public taxi (the one with a fare meter)
99% of the time, they will not run a meter and they will negotiate the price with you and the total price will be higher than 2700 THB that we offer. You might find some online taxi company offfer an unrealisticly low price, some as low as 1000 THB ($35) to go from Bangkok to Pattaya. You have to rethink whether it is doable 147 km + motorway fee of 140 THB + gasoline for the total of $35 and also the driver has to return to Bangkok so the distance is doubled !! Basically it is just a tourist trap. The driver will bring you to shopping instead of transfer to your destination. Although this behavior ruins Thailand’s tourism image but it is the way it is.
=> Bangkok to Pattaya shuttle bus from airport
The bus fare from Bangkok to Pattaya is 131 THB. A very good price before you consider that you have to go to the bus station, it might cost 250 THB and once you arrive at Pattaya bus station, how will you go to your hotel? The taxi there will charge you a minimum of 1500 THB. You might save some money if you select this means of transport but I do not think it is worth to drag your luggages after a long flight and waste a lot of time (overall time around 5 hours to get from Bangkok to Pattaya) for a small amount of money.
=> Flight from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya U-Tapao airport
Pattaya airport (U-Tapao) is 43 km from Pattaya city and there are not many flights offered and quite expensive. Also the public transport from the airport to Pattaya city is not very convenient for travelers. We do not recommend this option.
Transfer service for Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai airport & more
We provide airport pickup and private transfers from Bangkok Airport to city, Bangkok to Pattaya, Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi & to other destinations, Krabi & Phuket airport pickup. We also provide private driver & car hire to take you to any places in Thailand to suit your needs whether you are here for holiday or business.
Please choose pickup city for pricing
Airport taxi and transfers by a private passenger van (1-8 passengers with luggages) from Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Krabi, Samui and other airports in Thailand. We also provide short/long-term driver & car hire for your visit in Thailand whether it is a business trip, golf tour, private tour or just airport transfer to hotel.
Vehicles for your transfer
Our company owns more than 320 buses and vans in our fleet. We are one of the top transportation companies in Thailand. We currently offer 2 types of vehicles
- suitable for 1-8 adults with 8 full-size luggages and 5 small hand luggages
- Upon arrival our representative will meet you inside the terminal holding a sign with your name
- Your vehicle will be waiting at the parking on the base floor of the terminal so you do not have to carry your luggage for long distances to public parking
- new & clean vehicle
- well-trained driver with knowledge of streets and hotels
- all seats are equipped with seat belts for safety
- no tourist traps such as forced shopping
- up to 200,000 THB insurance are included
- tickets for express way are included